Accreditation schemes (VOLUNTARY) offered by Department of Standards Malaysia are open to any laboratory, certification bodies, inspection body and proficiency testing provider irrespective of its application (private, government or in-house).
Accreditation Schemes offered by JSM are:
- Laboratory Accreditation Scheme of Malaysia (SAMM)
- Accreditation of Certification Bodies (ACB) Scheme
- Malaysia Inspection Bodies Accreditation Scheme (MIBAS)
- Malaysia Proficiency Testing Providers Accreditation Scheme (MyPTP)
- Good Laboratory Practice Compliance Program (GLP CP)
- Validation & Verification Accreditation Scheme (V&V)
- Primary Healthcare Laboratory Accreditation Scheme (PHLAS)
Flowchart Accreditation Process
Flowchart of Application for Accreditation Process (Applicant)
Maintenance of Accreditation for All Schemes (First Cycle)
Maintenance of Accreditation for All Schemes (Second & Subsequent Cycle)
Flowchart for GLP Compliance Programme
The Department of Standards Malaysia (JSM) will inspect, register and monitor test facilities on a regular basis in accordance with the Master Register of GLP CP. The program includes request, Pre-inspection, inspection, surveillance inspection and/or other verification inspection (where applicable). First and second surveillance inspection will be conducted annually for the first two years after the date of granting. The next surveillance inspection will be conducted every two (2) years based on the granting date.