The main functions of the MyNSC are:
- To recommend to the Malaysian Standards and Accreditation Council (MSAC) the strategies, programmes and activities to promote industrial efficiency and development and for consumer protection through standardization.
- To recommend to the Council on priorities in respect to standardization, both national and international, to ensure maximum effectiveness.
- To recommend to the Council criteria and procedures relating to standards development in Malaysia.
- To establish the Industry Standards Committees (ISCs) in all sectors except the electro technical sector which include the membership composition, appointment of chairmen, scopes and their terms of reference.
- To perform any other functions as may be determined or delegated by the Council
COMPOSITION OF MyNSC 2018-2020