FIELDS OF TESTING
Chemical tests and analysis on products and materials.
Biological, microbiological and biomedical, testing and measurement, including examinations of foods, drugs and pharmaceuticals.
Electrical testing covers tests of an essentially electrical nature including radio frequency (RF) and electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) performed on materials, component, devices, appliances and equipment.
Including thermal characteristics of building materials, fire testing such as tests evaluating fire resistance, ignitability, flammability, etc., of products and materials.
Mechanical and physical testing of material / products that include metallurgical tests to determine the elemental analysis and microstructures.
Non-Destructive Testing (NDT)
Examination of material, component and assembly to detect discontinuities without damaging the material, component or assembly. Tests include radiography, ultrasonic, penetrants, magnetic particle and eddy currents.
Radioactivity test and analysis on materials and sample.
Includes testing on the following scopes; mosquito mats and electric liquid vaporizer, space spray aerosol, residual spray aerosol, direct spray aerosol, mosquito coils, cockroach baits, mosquito skin repellent, household rat baits, smokeless paper mosquito coils, mosquito gels an other similar products.
Testing for chemical products, manufactured products, cosmetic and skin care products, medical devices and also wastes and environmental samples.
Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC)
Testing for electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) including electromagnetic disturbance test and immunity test.
Includes testing on the following scopes; pathology, clinical pathology, bacteriology & mycology, virology, parasitology, toxicology, feed analysis, water quality analysis, biological.
Genetically Modified Organism (GMO)
Analysis for detection and quantification of GMO covers both DNA and protein based methods.
Requirements for accreditation of laboratories involved in nucleic acid testing in a broad variety of sample that provide services in particular fields related to molecular biology and/or genetic analysis.
DNA Profiling For Forensic Science
Comprises of DNA Profiling for forensic DNA profiling and paternity testing using DNA method.
Analysis Of Accelerant In Fire Debris For Forensic Science
Includes testing for fire accelerants in fire debris for forensic science testing laboratories.
Document Examination for Forensic Science
Requirements for accreditation of questioned document examination for forensic science testing laboratories.
Information Technology Security Evaluation and Testing: Common Criteria
Requirements on functional and assurance of ICT products and systems, which provide a common baseline for security evaluation.
Requirement for accreditation of software testing.
FIELDS OF CALIBRATION
Heats And Temperature Measurements
Including heat, temperature and humidity measuring equipment.
Including the calibration of electrical and electronic instruments and equipment.
Mass And Mass-Related Quantities Measurements
Including measurement of mass, density, pressure, force, hardness, viscosity, flow, and volume and the examination of machines and instruments used in these measurements.
Optical And Photometric Measurements
Including measurement made with and on optical and photometric equipment and instruments: measurement of colour and surface smoothness (reflectance, gloss); measurements involving visible (light) and near-visible (infrared, ultra violet) wavelength of radiation.
Including various length and dimensional calibrations work.
Acoustic & Vibration Measurement
Including measurement of environmental noise and mechanical vibration, calibration of acoustic and vibration measuring equipment, acoustic and vibration characteristics of materials and structures, audiometry, measurement of sound power, acoustic and vibration performance tests and dynamic balancing.
Including the calibration of radiation measuring equipment.
FIELDS OF MEDICAL TESTING
1. Anatomical Pathology (Cytopathology)
- Gynaecological Cytopathology (GYN Cytopathology)
ii) Liquid based
- Non-Gynaecological Cytopathology (Non-GYN Cytopathology)
- Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology (FNAC)
- Specialised tests such as special stains, immunohistochemical stains and molecular testing (HPV DNA) if performed in the cytopathology laboratory shall be included in the scope of accreditation.
2. Anatomical Pathology (Histopathology)
- Diagnostic Histopathology
- Intraoperative Frozen Sections
All ancillary tests (e.g. immunohistochemistry) performed in the laboratory and incorporated in the histopathology report shall be part of the accreditation scope.
3. Chemical Pathology
- General chemistry for blood, urine and body fluids
- Tumor markers
- Quantitative immunology testing
- Therapeutic drug monitoring
- Special proteins/specific proteins
- Biogenic amines
- Clinical toxicology, heavy metals and trace elements
- Drugs of abuse testing
- Biochemical genetics testing
- Routine haematology may include Full blood count and differential count, Peripheral blood film examination, Reticulocyte count, Erythrocyte sedimentation rate, Prothrombin time / International Normalised Ratio, Activated partial thromboplastin time, Thrombin time, D-dimer / Fibrinogen degradation products, Fibrinogen and Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (G6PD) screening.
- Specialised haematology may include Full blood picture with clinical interpretation, Haemoglobin analysis, Bone marrow examination, Special haemostasis e.g. factor assays, lupus anticoagulant testing,
thrombophilia screening, Flow cytometric examination e.g. CD4/CD8 enumeration, CD34 enumeration, leukemia/lymphoma immunophenotyping, paroxysmal nocturnal haemoglobinuria (PNH) testing, and Molecular testing
- Blood transfusion tests may include Blood grouping and phenotyping, Antibody screening and identification, Compatibility testing, Investigation of transfusion reaction, and Direct Antiglobulin Test (DAT)
5. Medical Microbiology
6. Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART)
- Semen Analysis (recognized standards e.g. WHO)
- Sperm preparation (Fresh sample/frozen sample/MESA/PESA/TESA/Open Biopsy)
- Sperm cryopreservation
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Gamete Intra Fallopian Transfer (GIFT)
- Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- Assisted Hatching
- Oocyte/Embryo/blastocyst cryopreservation
- Constitutional Cytogenetics (Prenatal & Postnatal)
- Cancer Cytogenetics
- Fluorescence In Situ Hybridisation (FISH)
8. Medical Molecular Testing
- Inherited diseases
- Cancer genetics
- Infectious diseases
Can't find what you are looking for? Do you want to establish a new accreditation field?
Please download the attachment and send to email@example.com: