Combined IAF MLA Mark Application
In order to indicate the international multilateral recognition status of accredited Certification Bodies (CBs), they may use accreditation symbol and IAF MLA Mark, herein after "Combined IAF MLA Mark" within the accredited scope.
These conditions shall be met by all Standards Malaysia accredited CBs for programmes of which Standards Malaysia has entered into the MLA. The programmes can be viewed at http://www.iaf.nu/articles/IAF_MEM_Malaysia/89.
Standards Malaysia accredited CBs for programmes of which Standards Malaysia has become a signatory to the IAF MLA may be authorised to use IAF MLA Mark in combination with accreditation symbol in accordance to the following;
- License Agreement for use of the IAF MLA Mark between Standards Malaysia and an accredited CB; and
- IAF ML 2 - General Principles on use of the IAF MLA Mark.
The CB that intends to use Combined IAF MLA Mark shall:
- refer AP1 - Policy on the Use of Accreditation Symbol and Reference to Accreditation;
- Fill in the two (2) copies of the agreement (as highlighted in yellow). Please make sure the date of the agreement is blank;
- the agreements will be signed by the top management representative of the CB and Standards Malaysia Director General before the CB proceeds to duty stamp both agreements;
- a copy of the stamped agreement will be kept by the CB and another copy of the agreement shall be returned to Standards Malaysia for record purposes;
- all cost incidentals to this agreement shall be borne by the CB;
- the Combined IAF MLA Mark shall not be used or referred to unless both Standards Malaysia and the accredited CBs have signed the License Agreement and received written approval from Standards Malaysia; and
- example of the use of the Combined IAF MLA Mark is as shown in Figure 7 as in AP1.
Accredited CBs shall submit the complete of documents in its original copy to as following:
- FM 1101-2 - Checklist to Use Combined IAF MLA Mark
- example of the sample/artwork of all the items that will bear the Combined IAF MLA Mark; and
- submitted to:
Department of Standards Malaysia,
Aras 4, 5, 6 & 7, Tower 2, Menara Cyber Axis
jalan Impact, Cyber 6
63000 Cyberjaya, Selangor.
If you have any inquiries about the use of the Combined IAF MLA Mark, please contact Ms. Siti Raikhan Aina Bogal at 03 – 8008 2799 or email email@example.com
List of documents for references:
- FM 1101-2 Checklist to use IAF MLA Mark
- Agreement For Use of the IAF MLA Mark Between A Licensed IAF MLA Accreditation Body Member and an Accredited Conformity Assessment Body (CAB)
- AP1 - Policy on the Use of Accreditation Symbol and Reference to Accreditation
- IAF ML 2 – General Principles on Use of the IAF MLA Mark