As part of the effort to improve the application process for Certificate of Approval (CoA), the applicants shall no longer need to apply for recognition letter from Department of Standards Malaysia. Hence, Standards Malaysia will cease issuing the letter effectively on 15th January 2018. For further information on the application process of CoA, please contact Suruhanjaya Tenaga, Mr. Rizaudin bin Ismail at 03-8870 8520 or email at email@example.com
Application for Recognition of Overseas Test Reports/Calibration Certificates/Product Certificates
Standards Malaysia provides the recognition of overseas Test Reports/Calibration Certificates/Product Certificates as the signatory of the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation Mutual Recognition Arrangement (ILAC MRA) and International Accreditation Forum Multilateral Arrangement (IAF MLA).
IECEE CB Sheme test report is not under the scope of ILAC MRA and IAF MLA thus Standards Malaysia will not processed the test reports issued under the IECEE CB Scheme.
To apply for recognition letter, please submit the following documents to Standards Malaysia via email at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Application form, AF 115-1
- A copy of Borang 9 and/or Borang 13, or prove of Company Registration
- A copy of Accredited Report/Certificate
- A copy of CAB (Laboratory/Certification Body/Inspection Body) Certificate of Accreditation
*maximum size of attachment is 10MB
List of documents:
- AF 115-1
- AF 115-1 (Example)
- Example of Accredited Test Report 1
- Example of Accredited Test Report 2
- Example of Certificate of Accreditation
- Suruhanjaya Tenaga - Information Booklet on Approval of Electrical Equipment (Electricity Regulation 1994)
- SPAN - Guideline for Registration of Supplier
For further information, please contact Ms. Jessica Sawai Jues, 03 - 8319 1427 or Ms. Siti Norehan Ishak at 03-8319 1355.