The MyENC was established to present Malaysia as the member in the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC). The main functions of the MyENC are:
- To represent Malaysia's interest in all matters pertaining to the working of the IEC and its various committees.
- To promote and encourage the participation in the IEC activities by the local stakeholders in the electrotechnical industry.
- To promote and facilitate domestic and international trade through services provided by the IEC.
- To recommend to the Malaysian Standards and Accreditation Council (MSAC) strategies, programs and activities to promote industrial efficiency and development and for consumer protection through standardisation in the electrotechnical sector.
- To recommend to the Council on priorities in respect to standardisation, both national and international, to ensure maximum effectiveness in the electrotechnical sector.
- To establish the Industry Standards Committees (ISCs) in the electrotechnical sector which include the membership composition, appointment of chairmen, scopes and their terms of reference.
- To perform any other functions as may be determined or delegated by the Council.
COMPOSITION OF MyENC 2018-2020